Real Funny Dumb Laws in the United States
In some states, including California, Florida, Nevada, Alaska and Hawaii, a motorist can be cited for driving too slowly.
Alabama: State code allows only 5 minutes for one to vote
Kentucky: A female shall not appear in a bathing suit on any highway within this state.
Maryland: In Baltimore, It is illegal to take a lion to the movies.
Mississippi: A state law prohibits the seduction of a female over the age of eighteen by promised or pretended marriage.
- It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
- A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking “at a woman in that way.” A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a “pair of horse-blinders” wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
- In Carmel, A man cannot be seen in public while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
- In Greene, during a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
- In Staten Island, It is illegal for a father to call his son a “faggot” or “queer” in an effort to curb “girlie behavior.”
Oklahoma: It Is Illegal To Have A sleeping Donkey In Your Bathtub After 7pm.
Tennessee: You must believe in god to be elected into office. You also are not permitted into office if you were in contendant in a duel.
West Virginia: State code deems it unlawful for any person to have in his possession or to display any red or black flag.
New York City:
- Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
- It is illegal to have permit dancing in an establishment that sells food without a cabaret license.
- Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.